Things we have done so far
- refurbished many houses;
- tended many gardens;
- visited elderly and sick in old people’s homes and hospitals, visited orphanages;
- visited elderly and disabled in their homes, especially those who have nobody to take care of them, we performed different tasks for them according to their needs;
- helped families with numerous children;
- paid utility bills for those who cannot afford it;
- bought medications for people of no income;
- assured temporary accommodation for families in situation of crises until we can provide permanent housing for them;
- provided firewood for families that cannot make it on their own;
- provided monthly packages of basic food products for over 500 families in this region; and every three months we provide clothing and shoes for them etc.
When catastrophic floods hit Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovinia and Serbia as well, in 2014, we organized number of humanitarian concerts in Medjugorje, providing aid for all without any difference.
Many men come from around Bosnia to Medjugorje seeking jobs. As situation is now hard even here, we take a meal daily to Tromedja where they gather awaiting to be hired, to those without luck. Numerous families from different parts of Bosnia stand behind each one of these men.
Refugee camps of people from Africa and Middle East stationed in Bosnia also turn to us for help.
Letter to donors
I recall all the things that Our Lady’s pilgrims did during the war years and after. I also recall Fr. Leonard Orec saying that there are three hills in Medjugorje: Podbrdo (Apparition Hill), Krizevac (Crossmountain) and the Hill of goodness that you, too, have helped to build.
All the humanitarian aid that was arriving to Medjugorje was always directed to various places, to all the people in need regardless of their nationality or religion. We are all children of God. God and the Blessed Mother love us all equally and care for the salvation of all and of the entire mankind.
Unfortunately, many people have never succeeded to recover after the war. Despite all different associations and organizations and people of good will helping unselfishly, still numerous individuals keep coming from different places to Medjugorje as their last resort in hope of finding aid in their needs. In 2013, Fr. Marinko Sakota, Medjugorje parish priest, put me in charge of the Office for people in need. In 2016 we registered as the Humanitarian association “ Mary’s Hands”.
Reading Gospa’s messages and what She is asking of us, we decided to answer Her call and be Her extended hands. We understood that every person was invited to do good and make this world a better and more beautiful place. We don’t need to do big deeds, but rather small deeds with great love.